Skip to content
Fling rulings: 2010-08-15: The sacrificed creature’s last known existence on the battlefield is checked to determine its power. Artist: Kev Walker. Thud Fling .dec With the arrival of Thud in M19, it felt like a brew was needed. Updated Oct 20, 2018 by Tatdfreak using our MTG Deck Builder.
Fling is infinitely better than thud.
Instant speed opens the doors to better decision making, bluffing, baiting, contingency plans, combos, counter-plays, everything. Cube decks leap in potency when you get access to good redundancy in key combo- and synergy-cards. A customer service representative will review this shortly.
You want to cast most pump spells on your own turn and that means you window for an optimal Fling is about the same as your window for an optimal Thud.Personally, I prefer [[Heartfire]].
MTG Cube Thursday, 2 August 2018.
Just a lil something based off my two favorite cards in all of magic. Fling wins games, and has been doing it for literal decades. 7/13/2018: The sacrificed creature’s last known existence on the battlefield is checked to determine its power. It’s fragile in many ways, but it’s one of the best, simplest combo cards ever printed, and always at common, too. Attempted fling/thud deck. So, I started playing [[Fling]] in two of my decks and, I believe, that it is slightly better than [[Thud]]. Thud deals damage equal to the sacrificed creature's power to any target. Fling can do no such thing, unless you also played fast mana on turn 1. I might have to try playing around with that :3one of my most fond memories when I was just starting out was playing against someone with my janky as hell g/r deck at the time, him being at like 23 life, me attacking with my thorn elemental, casting might of oaks on it and then flinging it at him after damage, he just kind of looked at me like...wtf just happened here.Outside of very fringe situations, I think heartfire is likely to be better for this purpose than fling, though.Only when counters are pretty sparse.
You need to name it after a breakfast food. 2010-08-15: If you sacrifice an attacking or blocking creature during the declare blockers step, it won’t deal combat damage. Rulings. Thank you!
Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts Yes it costs more, but instant speed is really powerful in an emergency.You can combine Fling with Chandra's Spitfire. —Mogwin, goblin delinquent. Yes its better then Thud....I never thought of the spitfire combo. No, you've got it all wrong. 2 years ago. This site © 2020 TappedOut.net, LLC Thud deals damage equal to the sacrificed creature's power to any target.
- Duration: 10:17. Nothing like throwing everything and saccing your best creature to deal 8 points of damage.Every reason you provided after "you can respond to opponents' removal" was proving why Thud is superior.Yes, Fling is a more flexible card that has more powerful plays it can make, but that's the premium quality you pay for when you double the mana cost of a card.Thud allows you to kill on turn 3 with Dreadhorde Butcher and Colossus.
× Thank you for your feedback! TheManaSource 117,753 views You can now import it in the MTG Arena client.Other people can view your private deck by using this urlMagic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.
Flavor: "Give 'em a push." MTG – Funny W/B Massive Life Loss “Budget” Combo Modern Deck Tech for Magic: The Gathering! Updated Jan 25, 2019 by shawnson1239 using our MTG Deck Builder. The Chandra's Spitfire play is also much easier when you don't have to make a 4th land drop. Flavor Text: "Give 'em a push."
Was really fun to scavenge [[Death's Shadow]] then swing and flingI was going to be using it to fling spitfires on the turn I bring them out, but 80% of the time they are insta-killed, and the other 20% of the time, I don't have a fling :(Problem with cavalcade is that only spitfire is really a huge threat. —Mogwin, goblin delinquent: Report Report a Problem × Please tell us about the problem: Incorrect Image Incorrect Product Details Inappropriate Content Other Feedback Cancel Submit. This site is It's much more generally useful outside of the all-in thud plays.New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be castThe subreddit for anything concerning the Magic the Gathering: Arena!Press J to jump to the feed. Its actually a reprint and has been fringe playable in the past.I have an entire deck based around the concept of taking control of cards and flinging them in the same turn after attacking with them.It’s shit in modern, but fun as hell in casual play with my friendI remember back in the day running fling with my [[Varolz, the Scar-Striped]] scavenge deck.